One reason why I have a blog it is because it is one of our assignment in subject Information Technology in Business (MGT300). Basically, this subject is about what and how technology can bring an influences to the business. Therefore, while I study this subject I will be exposed into more details about technology and how it give its own impact to the run of business. Today, I'm going to shared with you what I have been thought about this chapter.
Impact of Information Technology in Business
Business function are the one who receiving the most benefits compared to others factor. How do actually technology helps given a advantage to the business? One of the benefits that i learn from this chapter is that technology helps communication and increasing business intelligence. For example, communication helps employee in department to work effectively and efficiently. Thus this helps the employee to work more effectively towards each other thus will bring along with the company's goal.
Do we realise how powerful communication is?
Information Technology Basis
I realize that Information Technology (IT) is concerned with the used of technology in managing and processing information. It give a lot of impact in the management of the business as it can helps to bring the business towards business success. However, I learn that it is cant be said that IT equals to business success and innovation or that IT represents business success and innovation.
General name for business function and academic dicipline that cover application of people-to solve business problem is called Management Information systems.
Other than that, I notice that there are a some cultures in information technology which plays a large role in the business. I have been exposed that there are four types of organizational cultures which are Information- Functional Cultures, Information- Sharing Cultures, Informational- Inquiring Cultures and Information- Discovery Culture. All this four cultures bring influence to the organisation's business. So, basically that was what I learned form this first chapter.
Thank you for reading this entry.. =)
Love, Amalina Mahat.

No comments:
Post a Comment