Assalammulaikum & Hello to every beautiful people... today is a very hectic day.. I'm fasting so I'm a bit tired, however despite my tiredness I still got to update my blog.. Actually I should update this long time a ago but since I've been busy (excuse je) so I got to finish it today...
OK, Here we go....
Chapter 4: Measuring the success of strategic initiatives.
During IT classes I have learn that IT plays an important role to the company success.. Nowadays , every firm in the industry must be able to cope with the technology advancement since it helps the company to survive in the market. The key performance indicator are the measure that are tied to business drives. While metrics are the detailed measure that feed those KPIs. I also notice that it is important to differentiate between efficiency (Do things right) and effectiveness (Do the right things).
- Efficiency IT metrics: Measure the performance of IT system include impact of IT has on business process.
- Effectiveness IT metrics: Measure the impact of IT has on business process and activity.
- Website metrics - company use web sites metric to determine the revenue generated, number of new customer reduction in customer call etc
- Supply chain management (SCM) - helps an organization understand how its operating over period of time.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Business Process Reengineering (BPR) & Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) metrics
Chapter 5: Organizational Structure That Support Strategic Initiatives
From this chapter I have learn more about the IT roles and responsibilities. There are many IT position required in an organization for instance Chief
Information Officer (CIO), Chief
Technology Officer (CTO), Chief
Security Officer (CSO), Chief
Privacy Officer (CPO), Chief
Knowledge Office (CKO). Every position plays an important roles in an organization. All of them works in their very own expertise or related work in order to ensure that the organization's IT system are up to date or well protected.
Through this chapter I also learn that it is important to improve communication because communication can helps to increase the understanding of IT so it can helps the employee to understand what they can achieve by using IT. The ethics and security are the organizational fundamental that organization must be aware of. The IT system of the organization must be well protected in order to avoid the system being hacked by an authorized person. This one of the responsibilities main by the CSO.
This some of thing that I have learn during this two chapter..
Thank you for reading this entry..=)
Love, Amalina Mahat.
No comments:
Post a Comment