Move on to...
Chapter 6: Valuing Organizational Information.
In this chapter I learn that information can be fund anywhere and employee can use the information to analyzed and use it to make decision making. The information must be timeless in a situation such as Real-time
information
– immediate, up-to-date information & Real-time
system
– provides real-time information in response to query requests. I also learn that characteristic of high quality are accuracy, completeness, consistency, uniqueness and timeliness. It is also important to understanding the cost of poor information to avoid problem such as inability to track customer, difficulty identifying the most valuable customer and others. Overall, from this chapter I learn about how important the information towards the organizational and the side effect of having the poor information in the organization system...
Chapter 7: Storing Organizational Information.
From chapter 7 I learn that how the information is being keep in the system. The database was created to keep a information about inventory, transaction, employee and others. There are 3 database model that I learn from this chapter which are hierarchical database model, network database model, and relational database model. In this chapter, it focus more on the rational database model. Now, I know that all info in the database about person, place thing transaction are called entity while the characteristic or properties of entity class in known as attributes. Beside that, I learn that there are many advantages of relational database such as:
- increased flexibility
- increased scalability & perfomance
- reduced information redundancy
- increased information integrity
- increased information security
There are also a system called Database
management systems (DBMS) which are the software which users and application programs interact with a database. Other than that, there are also integration that allows separate system to communicate directly with each other.. This in one of the system that helps to increase the flow of communication through out the system. The two integration methods are forward integration and backward integration.
Thank you for reading this entry..=)
Love, Amalina Mahat.
.
No comments:
Post a Comment